Dr. Read - News, Events, and Media
- April 2011, was appointed Co-Chair of the National Council of Skin Cancer Prevention.
- January 2011, was appointed Chair, SkinPac, for the American Academy of Dermatology.
- 2007-2011, was elected to serve 4 years on the Board of Directors for the American Academy of Dermatology.
- May 9, 2011, attended the Society Women's Health Research Gala at the Mandarin Oriental Washington, DC, "Beyond the Camouflage, Uncovering the Health Needs of Women Veterans"
- May 11, 2011, attended the Shade Foundation Reception , Poster Contest awards
- May 27, 2011: Speaker, American Society Mohs Surgeons, AAD Update
- June 10-11, 2011: Participant - Health Policy Retreat, AAD, WDC
- June 13, 2011: Co-Host SkinPac Reception, WDC
- June 15, 2011: National Council Statement on FDA Monograph on Sunscreen, Statement of Dr. Sandra Read: "The FDA has clearly defined the testing required to make a broad-spectrum protection claim in a sunscreen and indicate which type of sunscreen can reduce skin cancer risk."
- Oct 2-4, 2011: Participant AADA Legislative Conference. Lobbying for Dermatology and our Patients
- March 7, 2012. Created Skin Cancer Information Video for U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- March 15-19., 2013 Attended AAD Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- March 18, 2013- Chair, Women's Dermatologic Society, Finance Committee
- April 3-7, 2013 - General Arrangements Chair, NOAH Dermatological Society
- April 11, 2012 - Co-Chair meeting. National Council for Skin Cancer Prevention
- July 21-26, 2013 - Invited Speaker 3rd International Munich Summer Academy of Practical Dermatology
Dr. Read, President of Women's Dermatology Society, with
colleagues and guest lecturer at Exxon on Skin Cancer.
Dr. Read and Green with Maryland Delegate Bill Bronrott at the
Maryland General Assembly advocating for Tanning Restrictions for Youth.
Left to Right: Thomas Olsen, MD, Sandra Read, MD, Lawrence Green, MD
Wendy Roberts, MD, and Darrel Rigel, MD
Sandra Read, MD, Chair of SkinPAC, leads the Board of Advisors meeting
at the 2011 Summer Meeting in New York City.